2017 Summer Standdown for Homeless Veterans
Friday, June 9, 2017, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and
Saturday, June 10, 2017, 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
General Jones Armory
5200 S. Cottage Grove
Chicago, IL 60615
(Click the address above for directions)
On both Friday, 6/9/17, and Saturday, 6/10/17, we will provide the following services:
- Medical services
- Optical services
- Housing information/applications
- VA benefit information, review of possible discharge upgrades
- Department of Human Services and Social Security information/applications
- Employment opportunities
- Legal Assistance
- Haircuts, clothing, entertainment, recreational activities
- Women’s services
- Friendship, bonding, and camaraderie
- Delicious meals and food to go
The stated goals of a Chicago Standdown are to:
- Provide a respite from the rigors of life on the street;
- Help veterans obtain housing and establish a source of income; and
- Stabilize medical conditions.
However, just as important as these, is the opportunity to acknowledge the contribution veterans have made for all of us.